Sunday, December 6, 2009

Worth It

Saw “Precious” last night. It may be the most in-your-face, intense, and emotionally draining film I’ll ever see. If you’ve never been a destitute, uneducated, abused, black woman, this might be as close as you’ll ever get to experiencing it. I wasn’t sure while watching, but after calming my nerves and settling my stomach, I can now say it’s a great movie. If it wasn’t such a well-made film (especially the script and the acting), the importance of the story would be lost in how depressing it is. Instead, it’s thought provoking and gut wrenching. My girlfriend got credit for a volunteer project for seeing “Precious.” Teachers, social workers, guidance counselors, parents, and just about everyone else should be made to see it as well.

After seeing “Precious,” it got me thinking about some other downers.

My top 5 most depressing movies:

  1. Precious
  2. Precious (it was that hard to watch)
  3. The Wrestler
  4. Requiem for a Dream
  5. The Deer Hunter

Honorable Mention: Twilight: New Moon (it was that bad)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

And he's back!

Love the new post!

SilentK said...

i've got to argue against the New Moon hate!!!! that ish was incredible. replace it with million dollar baby!!!!!!!!!!!!