Sunday, January 10, 2010

10 days late

Didn't quite make it on time for this best-of-the-decade list but better ten days late than never right?

I realize this list would hardly match any of my favorite critic's lists so let's not call it the "best" movies of the last ten years, but instead my favorite movies of the last ten years. But first, I can't help but give props to those that were battling for the number eleven spot: The Departed, Goodnight and Good Luck, Rachel Getting Married, Crash, Eternal Sunshine, and Milk.

Disclaimer: I may be suffering from a case of the recentlys by putting 500 Days at the number one spot. I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know in a few months.

10.
9.
8.
7.
6.
5.
4.
3.
2.
1.

1 comment:

Finan9 said...

Justin, I dig your top ten of the last ten...for the most part. I think it's extremely difficult to create a top 10 list of the whole decade (just as I think it's impossible to do a top 100 films list as this point...just too many good films). Top 25 would probably be more reasonable. I'm primarily with you right in the (huckabee) heart of your list - pan's, once, memento, hero - the others i'm not so sure about. i still haven't seen dreamgirls. and i do wonder if 500 days will lose ground as you get more use to it...i say that as a huge fan of the movie. but, i do not share your love of huckabees, so i was glad to see something beat it out for #1. let me also highly recommend that you and anyone else reading this check out the movie ink. i think you'll really enjoy it - very creative, done for very little money, and worked on over the course of two or three years by a husband and wife team of filmmakers. i actually got to meet the guy and several of the cast members when it premiered at the egyptian theater in hollywood. you can watch it online with netflix if you're a netflix guy.