Monday, January 11, 2010

Tuneage

I confess to being a victim of the digital age. I’m not sure I bought more than one or two full albums in 2009. But I’d like to think that just means I was exposed to a more eclectic mix of artists and genres. And perhaps this list reflects that variety (although I do admit my affinity for electronic-based production these days). I know I’ve left some out so please feel free to comment, but here are my ten favorite songs of 2009 in no particular order:

Bulletproof-La Roux

War of My Life-John Mayer

Lisztomania-Phoenix

Party in the U.S.A.-Miley Cyrus

Sweet Disposition-The Temper Trap

When the Lights Go Out-Bleu

Breakeven-The Script

Little Secrets-Passion Pit

Stillness is the Move-Dirty Projectors

The entire Mindy Smith Album-Mindy Smith

1 comment:

Morg said...

a pretty good list!! i love sweet disposition. minus the script - they are terrible.