Saturday, January 16, 2010

Best Films of '09

1. (500) Days of Summer-Best romantic comedy since "When Harry Met Sally".

2. Away We Go-Funniest movie of '09 (including The Hangover).

3. The Hurt Locker-Wheew. Intense.

4. Precious-See my earlier review.

5. Fantastic Mr. Fox-Best animated movie last year (way better than Up), and my favorite
Wes Anderson film yet.

6. District 9-Beats out Avatar and Invictus for best movie about aliens and best movie set in
South Africa.

7. Up In the Air-I was unimpressed with his first two, but now I get the Jason Reitman hype.

8. Star Trek-If I were making a movie Casey Affleck would be my first choice for leading male. Second choice-Chris Pine.

9. Sherlock Holmes-14 year old Justin would have gone crazy for this movie. 26 year old Justin did too.

10. In the Loop-I give this movie the highest compliment...it was Gervais-like.

Nearly made the list:
Inglourious Basterds
I Love You Man
Goodbye Solo

Most overrated film last year:
Up

Still need to see:
The White Ribbon
Broken Embraces
Me and Orson Welles
Sugar
Summer Hours

No comments: